Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Birthday

Yes, it's my birthday and I'm wishing myself a happy birthday on here. It would be nice to have lots of fellow bloggers wishing me a happy birthday but, since that is about as likely as my growing a pair of wings and taking to the skies, I'm doing the job myself! How old am I? Well, let's just say I'm one year older than I was last year on this day, and leave it at that, shall we? After all, it's rude to ask a gentleman his age.

Needless to say, having my birthday on the day after Jesus's birthday, is no fun, in fact it's pretty shitty, as you might imagine. It means it is completely overshadowed by Christmas, that I have always received one lot of presents, taking in Christmas and my birthday, and that friends and family have been too busy organising for Christmas to think too much about my birthday. This bothered me when I was a child and a teenager and when people's presents and presence were very important to me, but it has long ceased to concern me now that I am much older and do not even really want to celebrate my birthday. But having one's birthday so close to Christmas day has been and always will be crappy and I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Just take a look at that dark chocolate mousse cake. Wicked, isn't it? If the devil had a birthday cake, you might imagine it looking something like that. The blackest of chocolate with a forest of burning candles as a hairdo. If you manage to avoid singeing your eyebrows on those candles, the over-rich concentrated mass of chocolate is sure to make you sick as a parrot!

And of course we mustn't forget the presents. The above two are not mine, by the way. They only serve as props to give me an excuse to write about Xmas presents. They are 'generic' presents; often representative of presents whose wrapping is better than their content! In fact, with lovely wrapping such as this, if the gift inside isn't any good, you find yourself regretting you damaged the wrapping when you opened it up and now you can't use it to wrap up another present.

2 comments:

  1. Εύχομαι χαρά, αρμονία και πάνω απ' όλα ισορροπία!
    Κάθε χρόνο και καλύτερος!
    Χρόνια Πολλά!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ευχαριστώ για τις ευχές σου και τα καλά σου λόγια. Εκτιμώ.

    ReplyDelete

Winter Hues in Stained Glass

Winter Hues in Stained Glass
As the nights grow longer and the days grow shorter, the cold begins to tighten its grip.

The Fair Ophelia

The Fair Ophelia
Ophelia, thou fairest of maidens, what beholdest thou in thy reflection?

Autumn colours - As cores de Outono

Autumn colours - As cores de Outono
Trees in their multicoloured autumnal apparel, a kaleidescope of hues and shades.

Poppy Field

Poppy Field
"When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us and Say, For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"